Freitag, 28. März 2008

No mafia but great Cheese Trip to Sicily Mt. Etna

March 2008 by kevinsonic
So by this part of the trip I am kind of into the swing of things. This is pretty much the heart of the trip where there is more time in port and less at sea. We were doing a port every day or every other day. I wasn't teaching classes and was soaking up the sun on the deck and sometimes hopping in the Mediterranean Sea-water filled pools. Life was good and I felt great stepping of the boat for a day in Sicily.
After a quick walk through the town which did not have all that much to offer, it was onto a train and up the coast towards a small town called Taormina. The train, like most in Europe was clean, quick and filled with people in ridiculous clothes. The ride up the coast was beautiful as I had come to expect from previous travel in Italy. The railroad ran right along the craggy dramatic coast out of the right side window and smokey Mt. Etna could was over my left shoulder. In the back of my mind I had only one thing on my mind though, CHEESE! >>>